Write forThe Blue View!
The FCDC newsletter is going online to improve
the user experience and attract a wider audience
We need your help to launch The Blue View. Please contribute by Monday, March 26, for our launch in early April. We welcome contributions from all FCDC members as well as other individuals and organizations whose vision and values align with ours.
We are interested in all sorts of articles, from personal experiences to political analysis to event reporting. We want your photos as well, whether they accompany articles or tell a story as stand-alone shots.
Please take note of the content guidelines below.
With your help we can make The Blue View the leading voice in the region for our community.
Stories should be:
- Relevant and interesting to Democrats and aligned readership
- Responsible and accurate, not misleading
- Concise—500 words maximum typically, although longer on an exceptional basis
- Content linked to Fairfax County is first priority, but content with broader scope is welcome as well
- Event reporting
- First-person stories related to political or issue experiences
- Profiles or interviews
- Analysis and opinion on local, national or international issues
- Other, so long as they meet the other guidelines
- Whenever possible, please provide photos, preferably action shots, to accompany stories
- Stand-alone photos, with explanatory captions, are also welcome
- Photos should be high quality jpegs.
- Photos should be accompanied by the name of the photographer and names of photo subjects, unless photos are crowd shots, such as rallies, protests and events
How to Submit:
- Please send stories and photos by email to Editor Brad Swanson or Deputy Editor Karen Kirk. You may also contact them with questions.
- Contributors retain ownership of their stories and photos and are responsible for their contents. The newsletter has rights to publish and archive stories and photos for future use. All stories are subject to editing by newsletter staff.
- Authors are asked to provide a one-sentence description including their relevant background, and their affiliation within FCDC or outside organization, if any. Authors are encouraged to provide headshots.